Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Budget for 2008-2009

I had to have my budget into my building principals by Friday, February 29th. I had talked with Sally Schnese, our Middle School LMS about what amounts I should put for the total budget, since no one in administration has told me anything. She just told me to up it a little and I should be fine. So, I did just that. One of the principals came and talked with me a few days later, and actually increased my supplies amount! Boy, was I ever shocked! The other principal didn't say anything until recently. He said he couldn't afford for me to order the set of World Book Encyclopedias! We had a discussion about them coming out of Common School Funds, but I still don't think he "gets it!" Today (4/22/08) he emailed me and told me (basically) that, NO...I could NOT order them! Any suggestions????

Library Budget
2008-2009

Riverview

310 Tech Support – InfoCenter $ 500.00
410 Supplies* $ 500.00
431 Audio Visuals** $ 600.00
432 Books $11,750.00
434 Magazines $ 500.00
Total: $13,875.00 Riverview / 4K

*we are totally 100% out of overhead bulbs!
**4K have a large order for AV/books on tape & would like even more

per Ann: (both prices are from BestBuy online)
4 Sony Cybershots ($150 ea.) $ 600.00 acct. code 410 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8354577&st=sony+cybershot&type=product&id=1176507039777
1 MacBook $ 1,500.00 acct. code 410 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8703469&st=MacBook&lp=5&type=product&cp=1&id=1199495905480
$15,975.00 Total Riverview / 4K




Redgranite
410 Supplies $ 200.00
431 Audio Visuals $ 200.00
432 Books & Encylcopedia set $4,700.00*
433 Newspaper $ 55.00
434 Magazines $ 200.00
$5,355.00 Total Redgranite

1 22-vol. World Book 2008 set $ 900.00 (online order)
(our set is over 10 years old!) http://www.worldbookonline.com/sales/products?id=10028

Here's the email I received today:
Kathy:

You had brought up the need for an encyclopedia set. In thinking about this, I don't think I am in favor of a purchase like this. It just seems like our society does not make use of encyclopedias and I would guess that maybe only one or two families have purchased encyclopedias for their homes.
Technology has allowed us to access these sets on line and I would rather see our kids utilizing this resource since it is something that they will be using in their futures. I would like to see us looking at various other software and technological tools that would be beneficial for our students.
I would be happy to discuss this more when you are here.

No comments: