Monday, January 21, 2008

A Change in Plans...and Goals

Due to not getting information in time to register for Library Legislative Day, I won't be going tomorrow to Madison. Even though I emailed wla@scls.lib.wi.us this afternoon from school, I couldn't get any response since our school server was down and I couldn't access my email account. SO...after calling my principal (Ann Fajfer) at home, she asked if I could work "off site" since I already had a sub for the day. Since Kathleen won't be at Ripon due to Thinkfinity training at CESA6, I called Sally Schnese, my elementary supervising LMS, and she agreed to let me come over and spend the day with her at Parkside. Her schedule will be a bit different in the afternoon as she will be assisting with the Spelling Bee.

All in all, it won't be a bad change of plans as I have little scheduled time at Parkside w/ Sally, and maybe we can get a jump start on our curriculum planning (meeting Wed. after school). This will also mean that I will have to delete the Library Legislative Day from my action steps in my goals. However, I DO have a great replacement! I got administrative permission to attend (and yes, I'm registered now!) the WSRA 2008 Convention Thurs. & Fri., Feb. 7th & 8th. It features authors and illustrators with Patricia Polacco the morning keynote speaker & luncheon guest. (only 2 from our school got registered in time for her special luncheon)

No comments: