I'm trying to wrap up the days' events. If I don't get a few thoughts down, I might just let them get all mixed up in my memory. Today I started at Regranite, teaching four classes, and since our snow day yesterday meant that my materials were left at Riverview, I "punted." The classes went fine, but were not exactly what I had planned. So far, so good. Then I had some paperwork to do before leaving to travel to Wautoma for the afternoon. I barely had a half hour to cram in my lunch before my afternoon classes began. They come one on top of the other; six in a row. By the time the final bell rang, I normally would feel like just collapsing, but the day was just beginning! I had to make copies of my Scavenger Hunt for the Kindergarten Math/Reading night that started at 5:00 and went until 7:00. I also make copies of a DPI brochure for parents that talks about the LMC program (those had to be tri-folded). THEN I had to be over at the high school by 3:30 to our first 3-year Long Range Planning Committee meeting this year. It felt like a pretty big waste of time, or at least, I should say, I don't think we got anything accomplished other than setting another meeting date (in spite of our curriculumm coordinator trying her best to get us focused and actually DOING something). I left at eight minutes til 5:00...just barely enough time to get back to Riverview for the parent night with kindergarteners.
The plan is to have a light supper, let the Kinders & parents go to their classrooms where they will have math and reading activities (for as long as the parents would like). They finish the evening by coming to the Library and doing an easy Scavenger Hunt I created. Since we were "last," it was slow at first, but there soon was a steady stream of families coming & going. What fun! I loved watching the kids show their parents around their Library! The kids got a special (moveable mouth) dinosaur bookmarker (which has to be read to every day or he might start nibbling on their noses or toes!) and a fish tatoo. [Those were items I inherited from the previous LMS.] About 7:10 I was able to shut off the library lights and think about calling it a night, or can I? Nope, now I have to go home and work (after I stop and buy some last minute groceries for the ski trip)! My husband and teenage sons are leaving tomorrow to go skiing in Colorado for a week. They never seem to miss me much UNLESS the snow or weather is bad! A-packing we will go...
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment