Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!!!

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...
Here it is Tuesday night, still snowing, with only 4 degrees and gusty winds making it well below zero wind chill. Brrrr... Our district dismissed the students a whole 15 minutes early today! I'm glad to be indoors and warm, even though I'll have to go outside to stoke the wood burner.

Yesterday afternoon I had two classes at the Wautoma Early Learning Center (our 4K program through our district & Headstart). I did the book The First Day of Winter, which can be sung to the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas. We used the pictures that one of my third grade classes drew, and had us a great time of "singing" our book! One of the kids asked me to bring that one back every month! From the response, even the 4K staff, I think it was a hit. Since they have different morning and afternoon classes, I'll be going back there in the morning to do two A.M. classes (unless we have a late start or snow day).

Our district Long Range Tech Planning committee meeting was postponed from tonight to Thursday after school. So ... Tonight I'm working at home designing a Library Scavenger Hunt for our Kindergarten Math/Reading night for this Thursday evening (5:00-7:00P.M.) at Riverview. We will have a seperate Math/Reading night for each of the other three grade levels (1st, 2nd, & 3rd) next month, so I'll do a different set of Scavenger Hunt questions for them.

No comments: