We use Sagebrush InfoCentre for our circulation system (which was purchased by Follett a while back). This fall, we were sent the link to update the system, but our district tech personnel must do it. I've requested it done, and once, about a month ago when I actually spoke to our tech coordinator IN PERSON, he at first told me that they'd probably wait, because there was no sense in updating the system if we were going to switch to Destiny (Follett's system) in the fall. BUT then he added, "but you are the library media specialists, and I'll do whatever you tell me...you're the media specialists." (I did ask him if I could quote him on that!)
Friday I emailed him again and said, "Please update our library InfoCentre with the newest version that we got this fall." His response?? "Not sure if I mentioned this before or not. If you are not having issues with it, I don't want to upgrade it to the latest version as I believe there is no benefits to it. I spoke with Mr. Reese about it and I think the best time for this is summer time." [Mr. Reese is our high school media specialist who told me last fall that he has only about 10 students who regularly come in to check out books. (hopefully that has changed)]
Any advice??? Ideas???
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment