That seems to be the name of the game. Ann (my principal) called me about 6:15 A.M. and asked if I could go ahead and work in the Library until the sub gets there. (If you remember, I already had a sub scheduled for today as I had planned on being in Madison) The sub had to teach in a 2nd grade classroom until the teacher could arrive...who had to wait until her kids got off to school...since their district had a 2-hour delay! Sound confusing? Well, it all worked out okay. After explaining procedures to the sub, I finally got over to Parkside in time to have lunch with Sally. We had a chance to visit a bit, but after lunch she let me look through her library resources & teacher resource books to see what ones I might be able to use! That is appreciated! I worked on cataloging (while she was involved with the Spelling Bee contest (held in the library). We talked about some budget & curriculum issues, as well as the possiblity of her position being cut after she retires at the end of next year. (that would NOT be a good thing at all!)
After school I went back over to Riverview and worked on cataloging until 8:15! I was able to get 70 books and 3 DVD's finished and the labels run. Now, if I can get my assistant to put them on & tape them Wed. it would be great! So...my day turned out differently than planned, but it ended up just fine. It keeps me on my toes.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment