Thursday, January 24, 2008

Due to Technical Difficulties...

This is going to be short tonight. Thursdays are always a very hectic day for me with having 10 library classes at two different buildings. I start my day in Redgranite at 7:45 and have four classes there. Then I travel to Wautoma (Riverview) and teach 6 more classes. I come home each Thursday pretty wiped out!

To top it all off, tonight when I got home and ready to blog, I couldn't log in! There was a message that my blog was flagged for questionable content! Go figure! If THIS is "questionable content," I'd hate to see the real thing. Hmmmm....

One frustration at Redgr. was that 3 of my Follett orders (which I've done monthly) all just arrived! My Christmas order coming now means that most of those books will be in fairly good shape for next year! The kids are always SO excited to see the new books, and so am I. It's almost like having Christmas myself!

If any of you find anything "questionable" about my daily content, PLEASE let me know! You are/were invited to this blog to help me learn "the ropes" (so to speak). Please keep me accountable. Thanks! Snoozing off for now...

2 comments:

Dr. Annette R. Smith said...

Kathy,
What a great way to reflect on your days. I really enjoy reading this and seeing how you are progressing through the practicum. Can you see ways to use this with students in the library?
Dr. Annette R. Smith

Kathy Carlson said...

Absolutely! One of my Practicum goals is to begin a Book Blog so that I can interact with the students on books they (or we in class) have read. I plan to have this in place before we actually begin our Children's Choice Awards (ALA list) that the students will vote on and decide which is the Riverview Choice Award-winning books. (Last year Magnus at the Fire won in all five categories! It was a huge success!) I plan on using the BookBlog with my 3rd & 4th grade students for sure.